POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 on RH7.2 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling 3.5 on RH7.2 (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: earthdog
Subject: Compiling 3.5 on RH7.2
Date: 2 Aug 2002 14:35:40
Message: <3d4ad0fc@news.povray.org>
Specs:
	Athlon 1.1 gHz Thunderbird
	RedHat 7.2
	gcc v.2.96 (stock on rh7.2)

Problem:
	Can't get 3.5 source to compile.

Errors:

Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jgentry/temp/povray-3.50a/src'
g++ -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
-DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/povray-3.5\"
-DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\"     `if [
"Xgcc" = "Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -c atmosph.cpp
g++ -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
-DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/povray-3.5\"
-DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\"     `if [
"Xgcc" = "Xgcc" ]; then echo "-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -c bbox.cpp
In file included from bbox.cpp:47:
optout.h:75: syntax error before `char'
bbox.cpp: In function `int sort_and_split (BBOX_TREE **, BBOX_TREE **&,
long int *, long int, long int)':
bbox.cpp:1872: warning: assignment to `long int' from `double'
bbox.cpp:1872: warning: argument to `long int' from `double'
make[1]: *** [bbox.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jgentry/temp/povray-3.50a/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I solved the "optout.h:49: #error You must complete the following
DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE macro " problem thanks to Micha's post.  Now I'm
running into all of these different sytax errors during make.  The
configure process went fine, no probs.  I'm not a programmer, so these
error codes mean little.  any help would be appreciated.

-- Jeff

Post a reply to this message