POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  white spots on *ALL* raytracers (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers
Date: 30 Jun 2001 15:04:22
Message: <3B3E22BE.8A94FB88@ignorancia.org>

> HAve you verified that the images display the same way within a secondary
> image viewing program after rendering the image? Perhaps it has something
> to do with the internal POV-Ray display rotines and a compatibility problem
> with your video card.

  Yes, the images do *have* the white spots. At it is not a video card
issue: I replaced the S3 (yes, I tough at first that was the cause!),
with a matrox well tested on other machines, and the problem persists...
it's one of the most strange errors I've never seen...

> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 21:04:30 +0200, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> HAve you verified that the images display the same way within a secondary
>> image viewing program after rendering the image? Perhaps it has something
>> to do with the internal POV-Ray display rotines and a compatibility problem
>> with your video card.
>
>  Yes, the images do *have* the white spots. At it is not a video card
>issue: I replaced the S3 (yes, I tough at first that was the cause!),
>with a matrox well tested on other machines, and the problem persists...
>it's one of the most strange errors I've never seen...

When you view these images through a windows image viewer do the white spots
still appear.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  9:28pm  up 148 days, 22:20,  2 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.12, 1.07

Post a reply to this message