POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers : Re: white spots : FINAL WORD Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: white spots : FINAL WORD
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Jul 2001 04:27:02
Message: <3B53F719.CB08D4EA@ignorancia.org>

>   If you can, try with another computer which is as identical as yours as
> possible (at least with the same Linux version and an Athlon processor).
> If it renders ok, then it's a very clear sign of some kind of hardware
> failure (there can be a very remote possibility that you have some corrupted
> software, eg a driver or similar, but I think it's very improbable).

  Well, I've done this finally, but following the hard way... in some
days the CPU finally died, and now that I've it replaced in warranty, I
can confirm the "Ick" was caused by a "fried" processor (AMD eurotechies
said it was strange, but possible). The new one renders perfectly, and
the render times are the expected for such a system (looking at
povbench).

  Thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas... bye!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/