POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers : Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Jun 2001 15:04:22
Message: <3B3E22BE.8A94FB88@ignorancia.org>

> HAve you verified that the images display the same way within a secondary
> image viewing program after rendering the image? Perhaps it has something
> to do with the internal POV-Ray display rotines and a compatibility problem
> with your video card.

  Yes, the images do *have* the white spots. At it is not a video card
issue: I replaced the S3 (yes, I tough at first that was the cause!),
with a matrox well tested on other machines, and the problem persists...
it's one of the most strange errors I've never seen...

> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/