POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Why so slow? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Why so slow? (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Mark Gordon
Subject: Re: Why so slow?
Date: 26 Sep 1999 21:00:09
Message: <37EEC222.78A94A7A@mailbag.com>
Ken wrote:

> POV-Win experienced a performance increase between the two but I wouldn't
> call it a "big" jump. Version differences in POV-Ray itself had a greater
> impact than the compiler did. See my report in povray-FAQ group :)

It was big enough to allow POV-Win to leapfrog over povray on Linux on
identical Pentium-II hardware.  I rendered skyvase.pov (I forget the
exact settings) with 3.1d on WinNT in 349 seconds and povray 3.1e on
Linux in 388 seconds.  I don't have figures for how 3.02 performed.

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message