POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Why so slow? : Re: Why so slow? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why so slow?
From: davet
Date: 27 Sep 1999 14:47:34
Message: <37EFBB5F.8D6B78D1@altatech.com>
What kind of speed difference are you seeing?  Are you sure your
comparing apples to apples?  i.e. different anti-aliasing levels on the
two OS's.  One thing I've noticed is that x display of X-pov can be very
slow,  especially if it must convert the preview image to a small color
pallet (8 or 16 bit color depth).   Try rendering with the display off
"-d".  If you see a significant speedup, this is your problem.  Make
sure you are in a true color video mode (24 bit or better)  or just skip
the preview and wait for the TGA file.

dave

--
David Tucker