POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Where did POV-Motif go? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Where did POV-Motif go? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: TigerHawk
Subject: Where did POV-Motif go?
Date: 17 Jun 1999 00:21:05
Message: <3769C85F.1BBC4F2@sitc.net>
I just checked the Pov-Motif site and all the downloadable links are
broken (so, in a nutshell, I can't seem to get it).
I assumed the project went under, and was wondering if there were
another editor out there? Perhaps one with color-highlighting (one of
the features, I must admit, I like about the Win95 version...course, the
95 version seems much slower....even with priorities at their highest).
In any case, if anyone can help me on this matter, usinjg joe and
scripting invloves alot of extra typing, and I'm not very comfortable
with such an interface, heh.

RenderHappy!
Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk

Post a reply to this message

> I just checked the Pov-Motif site and all the downloadable links are
> broken (so, in a nutshell, I can't seem to get it).

The frontends I am aware of are:
XFpovray (http://lwp.ualg.pt/docs/lg/issue27/xfpovray.html)
JRay (http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/)

For syntax highlighting you might take a look at the emacs mode for
POVRay. Currently, I'm using an old version, so you should look for a
newer one.

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

Post a reply to this message

> > I just checked the Pov-Motif site and all the downloadable links are
> > broken (so, in a nutshell, I can't seem to get it).
>
> The frontends I am aware of are:
> XFpovray (http://lwp.ualg.pt/docs/lg/issue27/xfpovray.html)
> JRay (http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/)
>
> For syntax highlighting you might take a look at the emacs mode for
> POVRay. Currently, I'm using an old version, so you should look for a
> newer one.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

Povmode for emacs -

http://www.acc.umu.se/~woormie/povray/

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> > I just checked the Pov-Motif site and all the downloadable links are
> > broken (so, in a nutshell, I can't seem to get it).
>
> The frontends I am aware of are:
> XFpovray (http://lwp.ualg.pt/docs/lg/issue27/xfpovray.html)
> JRay (http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/)
>
> For syntax highlighting you might take a look at the emacs mode for
> POVRay. Currently, I'm using an old version, so you should look for a
> newer one.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

There's one called povfront that uses GTK+ 1.2.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/clovis1/

Greetings,

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message

I'll check them all out, but I don't know about EMACS. I don't use Emacs,
I use joe :) Installing a 20MB or so text-editor for Pov-Ray is a bit
much :) I'll be sure to check out the others, though, thanks very much!

Tim Soderstorm

Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Thomas Willhalm wrote:
> >
> > TigerHawk <Tig### [at] sitcnet> writes:
> >
> > > I just checked the Pov-Motif site and all the downloadable links are
> > > broken (so, in a nutshell, I can't seem to get it).
> >
> > The frontends I am aware of are:
> > XFpovray (http://lwp.ualg.pt/docs/lg/issue27/xfpovray.html)
> > JRay (http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~edon/JRay/)
> >
> > For syntax highlighting you might take a look at the emacs mode for
> > POVRay. Currently, I'm using an old version, so you should look for a
> > newer one.
> >
> > Thomas
> >
> > --
> > http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm
>
> There's one called povfront that uses GTK+ 1.2.
>
> http://perso.club-internet.fr/clovis1/
>
> Greetings,
>
> Marc
> --