POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Where did POV-Motif go? : Re: Where did POV-Motif go? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where did POV-Motif go?
From: Axel Hecht
Date: 21 Jun 1999 10:34:05
Message: <376E4D54.39FF9C65@numerik.uni-kiel.de>
TigerHawk wrote:

> I'll check them all out, but I don't know about EMACS. I don't use Emacs,
> I use joe :) Installing a 20MB or so text-editor for Pov-Ray is a bit
> much :) I'll be sure to check out the others, though, thanks very much!
>
> Tim Soderstorm

<...>

I have that friend that refused to use an OS as editor (that's his view
of emacs).
He was (and probably still is, he is on 5 weeks training) into Nedit.
And I heard that there is a color-highlighting mode for pov as well.
Otherwise just make one ;-)
Just to compare sizes:

bernoulli{ah} ls -l `which neditor`
-rwxr-xr-x   1 dz       mcc        769688 May 28  1998
/home/dz/bin/neditor
bernoulli{ah} ls -l `which emacs`
-rwxr-xr-x   2 gnu      software  3467604 Sep 18  1996
/opt/gnu/bin/emacs

Axel