POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : File Queue limitation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  File Queue limitation (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: audioguyTH
Subject: File Queue limitation
Date: 26 Oct 2003 19:05:00
Message: <web.3f9c60e2499b84a9d96ba9410@news.povray.org>
I am writing a program that allows you to draw freehand animation camera
paths. It outputs a .pov file for every frame. The file queue in POV for
windows 3.5 seems to have a limitation in the file queue of 512 files. Of
course I can work around this, but is there any way to force the file queue
to accept more? Or might I suggest this as a bug/limitation?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:04:16 EST, "audioguyTH" <aud### [at] mindspringcom>
wrote:
> I am writing a program that allows you to draw freehand animation camera
> paths. It outputs a .pov file for every frame. The file queue in POV for
> windows 3.5 seems to have a limitation in the file queue of 512 files. Of
> course I can work around this, but is there any way to force the file queue
> to accept more? Or might I suggest this as a bug/limitation?

This is a feature. AFAIK you can customize it with changing one constant and
recompile. See:

#define MAX_QUEUE       512

in pvguiext.h.

ABX