POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : File Queue limitation : Re: File Queue limitation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File Queue limitation
From: ingo
Date: 28 Oct 2003 11:36:47
Message: <Xns9422B32ABBEADseed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:3f9d95e5$1@news.povray.org Todd Haygood wrote:

> I have written a freehand camera path drawing program in Visual Basic
> 6. I am sure there is a better way to do what I am doing without
> generating lots of POVRAY files, but I just wanted to make it work.
> My program does work quite well, but having to reload the filequeue
> in 512 chunks is a bit of a pain.

As your program seems to generate POV files, you can probably modify
your program in such a way that, instead of writing each file to disk,
it calls POV-Ray for each frame and passes the 'file' through stdout.
Gilles Tran somewhere posted how he calls POV-Ray from VBA (Access).

Another way could be that, for every frame, your program writes an
include file that contains the camera statement.
You need a, single, scene file that has to include the right camera
include file for each consecutive frame. Check 'frame_number' in
"6.1.3.4.2  Clock Identifiers" for how to control this.

> Is there any way to set the Max Value of the filequeue short of
> re-compiling?

No.

Ingo