POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : File Queue limitation : Re: File Queue limitation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File Queue limitation
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Oct 2003 18:50:45
Message: <cjameshuff-6A13B6.18484227102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3f9d95e5$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Todd Haygood" <aud### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:

> I am a beginner at VB6 and POVRAY, but I have gotten my program this far- I
> would like to see if I can make it any easier.

You can, by approaching the problem differently. You are just going
about it the wrong way. The problem is with your program's output, not
with the file queue limitation.

The best way to do it: put the data in a spline (or multiple splines),
and render an animation with the camera based on the spline(s) and the
clock variable. This will likely be the most efficient method, and will
give you interpolation of the data allowing you to compute far fewer
points.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/