POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion: Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:47:38 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion: (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Severi Salminen
Subject: Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion:
Date: 21 Jan 2004 05:46:43
Message: <400e5893$1@news.povray.org>
This refers mostly to Windows version using Visual C++ 6.0 with Intel
C++ Compiler.

1. What is the procedure POV-Team uses to generate profiling data for
pvengine.exe using Intel C++ Compiler? Do you simply run benchmark.pov
(or some simpler scene) once and use that data?

2. Since speed is of essence and some people just want to change (say)
the Windows editor, it would be a nice option, if the editor and the
POV-Ray engine itself could be compiled separately as not everyone can
use the fastest compilers. Speed differences in editor usually don't
matter at all.

Severi Salminen

Post a reply to this message