POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion: : Re: Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion: Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling Pov-Ray and a suggestion:
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 21 Jan 2004 07:14:11
Message: <400e6d13$1@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:20:39 +0200, Severi Salminen
> <sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote:
>
>>This is possible only if they have the Intel Compiler.
>

> You mean codemax? AFAIK Codemax is enclosed within separated DLL so...

No, I mean Intel C++ Compiler (see the link) that can be used within
Visual C++ 6.0 and that is the compiler POV-Team uses to get the fastest
binaries for Windows. Other compilers produce (usually) a bit slower
code - (allthough my chess engine was faster with plain VC 6.0 without
Intel). If the editor was a separate executable, then someone could make
changes to the editor and compile it with some other compiler without
affecting the engine optimizations. Now it is impossible.

http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/windows/

(I don't know what you meant by Codemax)

Severi S