POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Adding a new object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:00 EDT (-0400)
  Adding a new object (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Adding a new object
Date: 3 Aug 2002 02:34:02
Message: <3D4B7962.DF754423@hotmail.com>
There are a couple of primitives I'm thinking of suggesting for V4.
Since I'd like to do all the legwork for implementing these primitives
(writing the ray intersection tests, automatic bounding calculations,
etc), so that the suggestion will put less work on the POV-Ray team,
excatly what functions are needed to fully support a primitive
under POV-Ray?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There are a couple of primitives I'm thinking of suggesting for V4.
> Since I'd like to do all the legwork for implementing these primitives
> (writing the ray intersection tests, automatic bounding calculations,
> etc), so that the suggestion will put less work on the POV-Ray team,
> excatly what functions are needed to fully support a primitive
> under POV-Ray?

  Would it be possible for you to mention which types of primitives are
you thinking about?