POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wierd Idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Wierd Idea (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Luke Church
Subject: Wierd Idea
Date: 29 Jan 2002 15:01:05
Message: <3c56ff81@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I've had an idea as to a method of using an automatic algorithm to build
images from photos of a complex object, and was interested to see what
others thought of it...

The basic idea is using an 'evolving' system to add multiple objects to a
scene, working like most adaptive algorithms

1. Start off with a first guess approximation
2. Add random noise in the form of small objects/blobs in a different manner
to say 1000 test scenes.
3. Test each scene for similarity to the photos
4. Take the highest scoring models, and 'breed them' merging commands, then
repeat from step 2.

Run for several tens of thousands of iterations (anyone got a spare super
computer?) The lighting will have to be altered as well as the object
patterns...

What do y'all think? Any suggestions? Anyone with any experience in this
kind of coding?

Just a thought,

Regards,

Luke