POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wierd Idea : Re: Wierd Idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd Idea
From: Peter Popov
Date: 30 Jan 2002 17:31:35
Message: <4j4f5u0cgb2cs8gbjgt7jb4q48qsve030b@4ax.com>
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:03:55 -0000, "Luke Church"
<luk### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Certainly true if only one perspective is used. Sorry, I wasn't clear... I
>was considering using at least 3 photos of the same object under similar
>lighting conditions taken ideally at equal intervals around the object and
>comparing all of them to the model...

Ah, image reconstruction... there's a lot of info on that on the net.
For now, given almost infinite time, stick with this scenario:

1. Make a prism or cone with its vertex at location and its base
extending about as much beyond look_at. Have it pass through a pixel
of the image and be of approximately the same visual size.

2. Repeat for all pixels

3. Union all those cones

4. Repeat 1-3 for all viewpoints

5. Intersect all those unions