POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 4? wish list (Message 91 to 100 of 250)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Povray 4? wish list
Date: 5 Dec 2001 15:47:23
Message: <3c0e87db@news.povray.org>
Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce <ken### [at] uniplanit> wrote:
: But no professional graphician will
: do a scene using those math primitives. Just take any 3d modelling
: program and try to find a perfect sphere primitive... they will output
: a triangle mesh or a nurbs surface... :P
: Of course all the features I added in my wish list where intended to
: make povray a "professional" level raytracer.

  I don't understand why making a program "professional" means in practice
removing 90% of its functionality, devolving it to a degree that no-one can
use it directly.
  POV-Ray supports very fast meshes. What else do you want? Use your bloody
modeller and make all the meshes you want, then render them with povray. What
else do you want?

--
#macro N(D,I)#if(I<6)cylinder{M()#local D[I]=div(D[I],104);M().5,2pigment{
rgb M()}}N(D,(D[I]>99?I:I+1))#end#end#macro M()<mod(D[I],13)-6,mod(div(D[I

Post a reply to this message