POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Dec 2001 16:10:52
Message: <3c0e8d5c@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0e86ee@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

> : speed==quality
>
>   You still haven't explained this. What the h*** has speed to do with image
> quality?

I think his idea is that a good raytracer should be faster at a potentially
lower quality of the resulting image; contrary to POV-Ray's philosophy of
allowing (optional) maximum quality at the any expense of render time.  Of
course POV-Ray isn't like BMRT, so such a suggestion is pointless as the
resulting program would no longer be POV-Ray and that is why it doesn't make
sense to you (nor does it make much sense to me, my explanation is only a
guess)...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde