POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 4? wish list (Message 191 to 200 of 250)
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Subject: Re: Povray 4? wish list
Date: 6 Dec 2001 14:35:49
Message: <3c0fc8e8.30746513@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:38:05 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>In article <3c0fa705.22070694@news.povray.org> , ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo
>'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:
>
>> Mabye the problem is that developing an os
>> kernel really is harder than developing a raytracer...
>
>Well, maybe developing a *monolithic* kernel is harder than developing a
>raytracer.  Of course, this thread is about POV-Ray and not about the worst
>kernel design winning - which is precisely what Linux is and what is
>bloating the kernel and causing all the problems.  Or, maybe that is a
>general pattern of success:  Something hacked or bought together with no
>commitment to a good design (DOS, Windows, Linux, the original PC, the x86
>instruction sets).
>
>Anyway, all this is off-topic...

:)

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2001 14:58:45
Message: <3c0fcdf5@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0fc8ac.30686382@news.povray.org> , ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo
'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:

> How should I know which compiler is used if I just have the binary
> file?

Apart from the little (and not too obvious) "icl" in the version string
POV-Ray prints every time you straet it, you could have seen it in the
release notes or being mentioned in many, many articles in p.beta-test.
Nearly everybody there knows that there is a Intel and a Visual C compile
... even I know and I am developing the Mac version .....

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde