POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  United POV-Ray? (Message 11 to 20 of 37)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Subject: Re: United POV-Ray?
Date: 11 Oct 2002 16:06:01
Message: <3DA73006.7040400@starman.ee>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

[Yadda/Yadda/Yadda]

Seems like there is quite interest in this proposal. To be more concrete:
1. Is out there anyone, who can provide (CVS?) server for unofficial
POV-Ray releases?
2. Is there anyone, who agrees to be
'buildmaster'/'maintainer'/'whatever-you-call-him/her', who has
knowledge of version control systems (CVS?), who has development tools
(compilers and computers to compile POVRay (for at least for Linux and
Windows??)) and has sufficient time to build releases for POV-Ray
patches, maintain CVS repository (merge patches with main branch), etc.
3 (probably most important?). Is there interest among POV-Ray 'hackers'
to have such 'united' version of POV-Ray patches? '
4. Is there enough people ready to try/use/test POV-Ray versions, built
by such approach (buildmaster can't be only person for such task!)

Post a reply to this message