POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 14 Oct 2002 03:30:04
Message: <3daa727c$2@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Thomas Willhalm wrote:
>>
>> As it comes to POV-Ray, the "stable" version is probably the official
>> release. AFAIK the POV-Team includes known bug fixes in minor updates.
>
> I don't expect POV-Ray 4.0 anytime soon, perhaps in year 2004?

That sounds optimistic! What I meant is: As soon as there is *some* code
(which would of course barely do anything), a public cvs server -- or
a similar system - would be nice. My impression is that there are a lot of
experienced programmers around here. If they were able to look at the
code and comment on it in an early stage of development, it should
speed it up and lead to a better result. But, as mentionend in the FAQ,
this might going to happen.

Best regards
Thomas