POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 14 Oct 2002 03:34:21
Message: <3daa737c@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Seems like there is quite interest in this proposal. To be more concrete:
> 1. Is out there anyone, who can provide (CVS?) server for unofficial
> POV-Ray releases?

What about sourceforge?

> 3 (probably most important?). Is there interest among POV-Ray 'hackers'
> to have such 'united' version of POV-Ray patches? '

IMO it would help. However the (more) active patch writers should answer
this question.

> 4. Is there enough people ready to try/use/test POV-Ray versions, built
> by such approach (buildmaster can't be only person for such task!)

In view of the big success of MegaPov I assume that there would be a lot
of interest, if it contains neat features. (Do you remember live without
isosurfaces and photons?)

Best regards
Thomas