POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : real scripting in povray? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  real scripting in povray? (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: David Wilkinson
Subject: Re: real scripting in povray?
Date: 30 May 1999 07:59:39
Message: <37511186.2611590@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 29 May 1999 23:21:39 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

Reactionary Ken strikes a blow for for non-hackers!  I don't think the POV team
would commit the sacriledge of converting POV into a full blown programming
language "with added ray-tracing", but I'm glad Ken that you have fired a
warning shot.

Not that I am against programmability - it  was only when the team provided POV
with a selection of programming constructs that I saw POV as a seriously useful
plaything.  But any changes which get in the way of the primary purpose of the
program must be bad. (Please, team, concentrate on making media eaier to
predict, more controllable, more versatile and faster! )

OK, the programming features are limited and a bit verbose, but they give
tremendous scope and, as you say, Ken. POV-Ray is still accessible to people
with minimal programming skills.  Long may it remain so.
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com

Post a reply to this message