POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Visual C++ 5 question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Visual C++ 5 question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike
Subject: Visual C++ 5 question
Date: 26 Dec 1998 08:09:05
Message: <36857A6E.8C4ED8EE@aol.com>
I know that this isn't directly related to POV-Ray, but I was wondering
if there would be any advantage to getting service pack 3 for VC++ 5?
Since it is around 90 megs I'd rather not bother with it unless it would
provide for better executables.

I recently figured out the reason why I was getting slow code.  I was
compiling in debug mode.  hee hee.  So I noticed there is options for
pentium and pentium pro computers.  Does service pack 3 add anything for
Pentium II CPU's?

I hope to get a decent compile of the dispersion patch after the
holidays, so I can use all the optimizations I can get. :)

Oh yeah, happy new year all!  Maybe we won't be saying that next year.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message