POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New UVPov Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  New UVPov (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: New UVPov
Date: 30 Oct 1998 16:07:30
Message: <363A2A18.365445BF@Kopp.com>
Here is info on the latest version of UVPov, my unofficial version of POV
that includes UV (surface) mapping among other things.  Many of the features
(such as double_illuminate) are highly experimental, but it should be fun
to play with.  This unofficial version is based on POV-Ray 3.1.

Features:
  Surface Mapping  (also part of the SuperPatch)
  Image Pattern    (also part of the SuperPatch)
  New mesh syntax  (also part of the SuperPatch)
  reset_children warp
  double_illuminate flag
  solid triangle meshes (not very well tested yet)

Source code for the POV-Ray core files, as well as a Windows binary are
available for download.

Website:
http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

This release is called "beta 2", but I have a feeling that it will always
be in beta (that makes it more fun and exciting).

I will continue to expand the number objects that support UV mapping, and
if anyone wants to help, they can let me know.

-Nathan Kopp

Post a reply to this message

The UV stuff is really nice.  I've succesfully converted Poser3 figures to POV
with full textures using Thomas Baier's win3dspov and the superpatch, which is
really, really wild.  I'll probably post an example to binaries.images in a week
or two.

-Mike

Nathan Kopp wrote:

> Here is info on the latest version of UVPov, my unofficial version of POV
> that includes UV (surface) mapping among other things.  Many of the features
> (such as double_illuminate) are highly experimental, but it should be fun
> to play with.  This unofficial version is based on POV-Ray 3.1.
>
> Features:
>   Surface Mapping  (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   Image Pattern    (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   New mesh syntax  (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   reset_children warp
>   double_illuminate flag
>   solid triangle meshes (not very well tested yet)
>
> Source code for the POV-Ray core files, as well as a Windows binary are
> available for download.
>
> Website:
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> This release is called "beta 2", but I have a feeling that it will always
> be in beta (that makes it more fun and exciting).
>
> I will continue to expand the number objects that support UV mapping, and
> if anyone wants to help, they can let me know.
>
> -Nathan Kopp

Post a reply to this message

> Here is info on the latest version of UVPov, my unofficial version of POV
> that includes UV (surface) mapping among other things.  Many of the features
> (such as double_illuminate) are highly experimental, but it should be fun
> to play with.  This unofficial version is based on POV-Ray 3.1.
>
> Features:
>   Surface Mapping  (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   Image Pattern    (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   New mesh syntax  (also part of the SuperPatch)
>   reset_children warp
>   double_illuminate flag
>   solid triangle meshes (not very well tested yet)
>
> Source code for the POV-Ray core files, as well as a Windows binary are
> available for download.
>
> Website:
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> This release is called "beta 2", but I have a feeling that it will always
> be in beta (that makes it more fun and exciting).
>
> I will continue to expand the number objects that support UV mapping, and
> if anyone wants to help, they can let me know.
>
> -Nathan Kopp

 Is 'reset_children warp' the same function like the 'WARP MAP ONLY' - Patch
from PatchStation from Daren Scot Wilson ?

I think, this is the same function or are there differences between both
patches??

Zan Trajkov

Post a reply to this message