POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New UVPov : New UVPov Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  New UVPov
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 30 Oct 1998 16:07:30
Message: <363A2A18.365445BF@Kopp.com>
Here is info on the latest version of UVPov, my unofficial version of POV
that includes UV (surface) mapping among other things.  Many of the features
(such as double_illuminate) are highly experimental, but it should be fun
to play with.  This unofficial version is based on POV-Ray 3.1.

Features:
  Surface Mapping  (also part of the SuperPatch)
  Image Pattern    (also part of the SuperPatch)
  New mesh syntax  (also part of the SuperPatch)
  reset_children warp
  double_illuminate flag
  solid triangle meshes (not very well tested yet)

Source code for the POV-Ray core files, as well as a Windows binary are
available for download.

Website:
http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

This release is called "beta 2", but I have a feeling that it will always
be in beta (that makes it more fun and exciting).

I will continue to expand the number objects that support UV mapping, and
if anyone wants to help, they can let me know.

-Nathan Kopp