POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New UVPov : Re: New UVPov Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New UVPov
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 4 Nov 1998 20:54:02
Message: <36410477.95249726@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 04 Nov 1998 18:29:20 -0600, Dan Connelly <djc### [at] flashnet>
wrote:

>The reason I ask is I know I am a lot less willing to download a number of
>individual pvengine.exe's than I would a revised version of SuperPatch --
>I suspect many others feel the same way.  It avoids the problem of having
>a superproliferation of binaries and of having to choose between feature
>sets on individual images.

I agree.  That's why I've put so much time into this thing.  I'm
working on docs this very minute, in fact, so hopefully it'll be even
more usable.

>The SuperPatch is really a wonderful contribution -- it really expands
>POV capabilities.  I only regret I haven't had the time in the near-year-
>end rush at work to look into all the features as yet.

I regret to inform you that I'm adding still more features, as
mentioned above. :)  Three that are already implemented but not
mentioned above are:

o #ifdef(array[index])
o transparency works in a pattern statement now
o You can specify hf_gray_16 as the first parameter to a pattern
  statement to generate a 16-bit heightfield.