POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Livelihoods (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: Livelihoods
Date: 28 Apr 2020 08:45:00
Message: <web.5ea8249f144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > Personally I don't see a clear winning system and I don't have the eastern
> > mentality to give my data away like in Taiwan or South Corea.
> >
> > Nobody will get my moving data, that's for sure!
>
> sure?  ;-)  a couple of years ago or so the BBC had an article on their website
> (technology section, I think.  cannot -- of course -- find the bookmark now)
> which stated that the state security services here (UK) can predict a person's
> physical movement/location for 24 hours in advance, with a better than 90%
> accuracy; based on all those .. habitual actions.  and the BND won't be
> different.  I guess that we all "leak" sufficient data for those who have the
> ability to collate it.
>
> (and thanks for the light&shadows, new laptop wallpaper :-))
>

> regards, jr.

Of course you are right. Nobody would find interesting or unusual things in my
movement data alone. But this is part of another western value - individualism.

I feel the right to decide, if I give the data by free will - that's all.

Personally I'ld like to know, why is there so much surveillance in London. Is it
because of the terrorist attacks of 2005/2017? Even then it seems to me unusual
for a western country.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message