POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:55:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: jr
Date: 28 Apr 2020 21:30:00
Message: <web.5ea8d844144bf601898043f30@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Oh yes, i remember echelon - in germany we saw it as espionage from a "friendly"
> side like from france and USA of course. I don't know if germany does the same.

Germany - would not be surprised to learn they .. colluded.

(am with (Heinrich) Heine on this: "Denk ich an Deutschland in der Nacht..."
:-))

> When it became public, I saw it as a sign of descending powers.
>
> But now in times of Alexa, I would speak openly only in Alexa-free rooms about
> sensitive topics. So much to personal freedom in democracies nowadays.

I cannot even understand why anyone talks to an "Alexa".  :-(  although it's
unlikely to make a difference, I have "disabled" the in-built microphones (and
user facing cameras) for laptop and (Android) tablet in settings.

"You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to
actually try it."
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lfInFVPkQs>

(cannot keep up with "personal freedoms".  if I'd walked into a bank, three
months ago, with a face mask, they'd have called the police.  :-))

regards, jr.