POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:59:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 28 Apr 2020 13:30:00
Message: <web.5ea86700144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes#ECHELON_network_disclosures_(1972%E2%80%932000)>

> "According to declassified (but partly redacted) US government documents
> released in 2015, in 1955, Crypto AG's founder Boris Hagelin and William
> Friedman entered into an unwritten agreement concerning the C-52 encryption
> machines that compromised the security of some of the purchasers."
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto_AG#Compromised_machines>
>
> :-)
>
> how much remains .. undisclosed?
>

> regards, jr.

Oh yes, i remember echelon - in germany we saw it as espionage from a "friendly"
side like from france and USA of course. I don't know if germany does the same.

When it became public, I saw it as a sign of descending powers.

But now in times of Alexa, I would speak openly only in Alexa-free rooms about
sensitive topics. So much to personal freedom in democracies nowadays.

Norbert