POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:53:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 28 Apr 2020 09:00:00
Message: <web.5ea827a8144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>

> Interesting! I wonder what the term 'democracy' meant to the Founding
> Fathers... I suppose something godless, inimical to their own faith;
> after all, they were refugees. I don't think that the modern
> understanding of 'democracy' remotely corresponds to theirs, except,
> maybe, in the US? ;-) Certainly, the term 'liberty' means something very
> different from my own definition when I read about fringe groups like
> 'preppers'. But then the same can be said about far-right political
> parties in EU which use the term 'liberty' for their own intentions.
>
> --
> Thomas

Ah - the far right.
I germany some say - it feels like germany before the nazis - opressed by strong
left and right movements. And the middle ground had nothing interesting to offer
beside empty words.
If this is true, than the EU as a whole feels like that, especially when looking
at the coming recession...

Norbert