POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Livelihoods (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Livelihoods
Date: 23 Apr 2020 07:25:00
Message: <web.5ea17a38a369a01cfb0b41570@news.povray.org>
As TdG recently commented, millions of people's livelihoods are at stake.

But it's _not_ "because of COVID-19" - but because of people's _response_ to it.
Fear
Panic
Learned helplessness
Lack of knowledge, skill, preparation, and ---
Independence and self-sufficiency

And I get that really uncomfortable feeling when I watch what is going on, given
the real medical statistics, who the players are, the level of hype, the broad
sweeping global participation, the origins of the virus, the slimy celebrities
and massive international bill-to-trillion dollar corporations jumping on the
bandwagon, the speed at which everything is being ramped up and _changed_, and
the suggestions for what the "solutions" are, and WE "need" to do to "go back to
normal".  It's all pretty Hegelian.

http://www.nommeraadio.ee/meedia/pdf/RRS/Rockefeller%20Foundation.pdf
see page 18

Post a reply to this message