POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : it's that time again! Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:54:17 EDT (-0400)
  it's that time again! (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: nemesis
Subject: it's that time again!
Date: 12 May 2016 12:40:00
Message: <web.5734b03d8f317a8c91327a850@news.povray.org>
time to compare the state of real-time scanline game graphics to povray's
output. :)

here's an old povray favorite:

http://hof.povray.org/images/warm_up_Big.jpg

here's a real-time shot from today's console blockbuster Uncharted 4:

http://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7204/26340499354_7c0204cc3e_o.png

http://i.imgur.com/y7s2l2l.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/19/1462907895-uncharted-tm-4-a-thief-s-end-20160510200547.png

real-time soft shadows, real-time GI ("radiosity"), plenty of particles,
volumetric smoke, weatcher effects, nice physics-based materials, etc.  Each
frame rendering at about 1/30 of a second.

love it, HOF-level :)

Post a reply to this message