POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a new computer: RAID and other questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  I need a new computer: RAID and other questions (Message 36 to 45 of 55)
From: scott
Subject: Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions
Date: 28 Jan 2013 03:10:07
Message: <5106325f$1@news.povray.org>
> rsync + cron = backup goodness.

Or robocopy + task scheduler if you're on windows. But both options
assume your computer is on and the backup medium is connected...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 28 Jan 2013 03:12:33
Message: <510632f1$1@news.povray.org>
>  From what I've seen, several revision control systems *claim* to
> support large binary files, but barf if you actually try it...

I don't know how our IT department at work manage it, but on all our
network drives you can right click and folder or file in Explorer and go
Properties->"Previous versions" and help yourself to whatever previous
version you want. I assume that all gets backed up somehow.

Post a reply to this message