POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a new computer: RAID and other questions : Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jan 2013 21:44:37
Message: <51073795$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:10:07 +0000, scott wrote:

>> rsync + cron = backup goodness.
>
> Or robocopy + task scheduler if you're on windows. But both options
> assume your computer is on and the backup medium is connected...

Sure - and it's kinda hard to do operations with a machine that's turned
off and without backup media in place.  Kinda like running a tape backup
but not putting a tape in the drive every night.

I worked for a retail chain where store managers had to remember to do
that - and often didn't.  So the server would "prompt" them by sounding a
foghorn. :)

Jim