POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Renting software Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Renting software (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Renting software
Date: 13 Jan 2014 17:09:28
Message: <52d46418$1@news.povray.org>
http://winsupersite.com/article/office-2013-beta2/office-2013-pricing-packaging-144267

Apparently the subscription-based Office product has such a fantastic
price that "it's a no-brainer".

Is it just me? Personally, I'm appalled at Microsoft's latest attempt to
suck money out of my wallet. And I'm baffled as to why this reviewer is
so excited about the prospect...

So let's see now. I can purchase a copy of Office, and then use it.
Forever. (Lest you doubt this, my mother is still running Office 95.)

Alternatively, I can pay $100, every single year, for the rest of my
life, to get... exactly the same thing?

In WHICH UNIVERSE is that better??

Oh, but apparently that makes me a "luddite". Ho hum...

Post a reply to this message

On 13/01/14 22:09, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

http://winsupersite.com/article/office-2013-beta2/office-2013-pricing-packaging-144267

> Apparently the subscription-based Office product has such a fantastic
> price that "it's a no-brainer".
>
> Is it just me? Personally, I'm appalled at Microsoft's latest attempt to
> suck money out of my wallet. And I'm baffled as to why this reviewer is
> so excited about the prospect...
>
> So let's see now. I can purchase a copy of Office, and then use it.
> Forever. (Lest you doubt this, my mother is still running Office 95.)

Would your mum like to borrow my Office 2003 Pro disc and upgrade?

> Alternatively, I can pay $100, every single year, for the rest of my
> life, to get... exactly the same thing?
>
> In WHICH UNIVERSE is that better??

Welcome to Bill Gates' vision.

John (using LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Firefox etc etc)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message