POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Renting software : Renting software Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Renting software
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 13 Jan 2014 17:09:28
Message: <52d46418$1@news.povray.org>
http://winsupersite.com/article/office-2013-beta2/office-2013-pricing-packaging-144267

Apparently the subscription-based Office product has such a fantastic
price that "it's a no-brainer".

Is it just me? Personally, I'm appalled at Microsoft's latest attempt to
suck money out of my wallet. And I'm baffled as to why this reviewer is
so excited about the prospect...

So let's see now. I can purchase a copy of Office, and then use it.
Forever. (Lest you doubt this, my mother is still running Office 95.)

Alternatively, I can pay $100, every single year, for the rest of my
life, to get... exactly the same thing?

In WHICH UNIVERSE is that better??

Oh, but apparently that makes me a "luddite". Ho hum...