POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Renting software : Re: Renting software Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Renting software
From: Doctor John
Date: 13 Jan 2014 18:16:05
Message: <52d473b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/14 22:09, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

http://winsupersite.com/article/office-2013-beta2/office-2013-pricing-packaging-144267

> Apparently the subscription-based Office product has such a fantastic
> price that "it's a no-brainer".
>
> Is it just me? Personally, I'm appalled at Microsoft's latest attempt to
> suck money out of my wallet. And I'm baffled as to why this reviewer is
> so excited about the prospect...
>
> So let's see now. I can purchase a copy of Office, and then use it.
> Forever. (Lest you doubt this, my mother is still running Office 95.)

Would your mum like to borrow my Office 2003 Pro disc and upgrade?

> Alternatively, I can pay $100, every single year, for the rest of my
> life, to get... exactly the same thing?
>
> In WHICH UNIVERSE is that better??

Welcome to Bill Gates' vision.

John (using LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Firefox etc etc)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents