POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:45:00 EDT (-0400)
  London under siege, a reply (Message 27 to 36 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: London under siege, a reply
Date: 8 Jun 2017 17:17:46
Message: <5939befa$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:26:22 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 6:11 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> We are in purdah
>
> Other matters:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40190204

Some good news there. :)

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2017 17:22:49
Message: <5939c029@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:40:27 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 6:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:36:46 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>

>>> Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
>>> At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains
>>> green.
>>> ;)
>>
>> Well, there is a religious sect that does say he came to North America.
>>

> It must have been during his world tour. Fter he recuperated in India.

:)

>>> You should be voting for our Jeremy. :)
>>
>> Sadly, I probably would be.  Because if you don't vote for a lizard,
>> the wrong lizard might get in (see US 2016 election).
>>

> He certainly isn't perfect. But he is polite and not a back stabber.

True enough.  Were I in the UK, and if Nick Clegg hadn't happened, the
LibDems would probably have been my party of choice.  But now it probably
would be Labour.

> I don't think I did in New Mexico.

Well, that's not *here* now, is it? :)

>>> What as a disruptive alien?
>>
>> Sure, why not? :D
>>

> Guns and policemen?

Exist here.

>>> It must be people with bigger brains than ours.
>>
>> Or smaller.
>  >
>  >
> No, no they must be bigger. How else could the get the power? :)

The power of irrational stupidity? :)

>> That's the "problem" with people like us - we think too much, rather
>> than going with our gut.
>>

> Well a lot of them certainly have big ones. :)

True enough.  Mine's gotten smaller, though, so that's good.

3 months ago, I was diagnosed with new onset diabetes.  Since then, I've
lost 10 lbs (without really doing anything other than eating less), and
my test results came back last week as having shown an improvement, both
for my BP and for my A1C numbers.  I'm technically now in the pre-
diabetes range.

If it keeps improving, I can start coming off the medications I've been
taking.  We check the numbers again in September.

>>> Me too. Not that I've ever been to Vancouver.
>>
>> It's nice up there.  I wish I had a reason to go up there this week, as
>> one coworker's last day is tomorrow (her family moved cross-country,
>> and she can't work remotely).
>>

> Same.

Which part?

Jim