POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
27 Jun 2024 16:42:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jun 2017 02:56:21
Message: <593a4695$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 10:22 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Sadly, I probably would be.  Because if you don't vote for a lizard,
>>> the wrong lizard might get in (see US 2016 election).
>>>

>> He certainly isn't perfect. But he is polite and not a back stabber.
>
> True enough.  Were I in the UK, and if Nick Clegg hadn't happened, the
> LibDems would probably have been my party of choice.  But now it probably
> would be Labour.

Nick Clegg, who is that? :D

You probably don't have the background. They are just Tories in sheep's
clothing. And the SNP, before Alex Salmond, Tartan Tories.

>> I don't think I did in New Mexico.
>
> Well, that's not *here* now, is it? :)

It is from this side of the pond.
Truly we have no idea of the demographics of the States. Because you
normally put up such a united front for your president. That is what we see.

<aside>
I have the feeling that Mr. Trump believed that the POTUS was God's
representative on Earth. And everyone would respect his utterances. No
that he is in that position he is finding it is not so.
Is that reasonable?

</aside>

>>> Sure, why not? :D
>>>

>> Guns and policemen?
>
> Exist here.

I have noticed. But at least, I have a light complexion.

>>   >
>>   >
>> No, no they must be bigger. How else could the get the power? :)
>
> The power of irrational stupidity? :)
>
>>> That's the "problem" with people like us - we think too much, rather
>>> than going with our gut.
>>>

>> Well a lot of them certainly have big ones. :)
>
> True enough.  Mine's gotten smaller, though, so that's good.
>
> 3 months ago, I was diagnosed with new onset diabetes.  Since then, I've
> lost 10 lbs (without really doing anything other than eating less), and
> my test results came back last week as having shown an improvement, both
> for my BP and for my A1C numbers.  I'm technically now in the pre-
> diabetes range.

That is very good. :)

> If it keeps improving, I can start coming off the medications I've been
> taking.  We check the numbers again in September.

>>> It's nice up there.  I wish I had a reason to go up there this week, as
>>> one coworker's last day is tomorrow (her family moved cross-country,
>>> and she can't work remotely).
>>>

>> Same.
>
> Which part?

I don't know what is wrong with my fingers. I meant to write "shame".
It is a big pity that you can't edit your own posts on the newsgroup.

--

Regards
     Stephen