POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:40:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jun 2017 15:02:31
Message: <593af0c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/9/2017 4:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 07:56:14 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> You probably don't have the background. They are just Tories in sheep's
>> clothing. And the SNP, before Alex Salmond, Tartan Tories.
>
> Heh, yeah - but remember that your conservatives are more like our center-
> left liberals over here.

I think of it the other way round. ;)

>>> Well, that's not *here* now, is it? :)
>>>
>> It is from this side of the pond.
>
> Well, true, but definitely different.

I can imagine. :)

>> Truly we have no idea of the demographics of the States. Because you
>> normally put up such a united front for your president. That is what we
>> see.
>
> Fair point - just remember that our current President doesn't even
> pretend to represent everyone.

He doesn't? ;)

>> <aside>
>> I have the feeling that Mr. Trump believed that the POTUS was God's
>> representative on Earth. And everyone would respect his utterances. No
>> that he is in that position he is finding it is not so.
>> Is that reasonable?
>>
>> </aside>
>
> I don't think so - I don't think he actually believes in "God".  He
> believes in money and profits.

Sorry, that was meant to be a metaphor.

> But beyond that, yeah, I think he naively thought that as POTUS, everyone
> would like him, and now he's angry that that hasn't happened.  The job is
> harder than he thought it would be (he's said as much), and that unlike
> in his C-suite position, he can't just say "do this" and it gets done.

That is what I meant.

> He positions himself as a "dealmaker", but he's really shit at making
> deals - he's a dictator who says "this is what you'll do, or I'll find
> someone else".  That's not "dealmaking".

There is his age to take into account. His brain paths must be fossilised.

> And it's rich him complaining about NATO countries not paying "their fair
> share", when he himself takes pride in stiffing suppliers and nonpayment
> of bills - "negotiating" a lower payment by saying "I'll pay you far
> less, and you can sue me, but it'll cost you more than its worth" -
> again, not "negotiating".

Nice guy to have as the leader of the free (not very) world.

>> I have noticed. But at least, I have a light complexion.
>
> Which helps, so long as you're not a liberal or a member of the press (at
> least according to some on the right who think it's OK to "joke" about
> shooting them/us).

They're joking? :)

>>> Which part?
>>>

>> I don't know what is wrong with my fingers. I meant to write "shame".
>> It is a big pity that you can't edit your own posts on the newsgroup.
>
> LOL, that makes more sense. :)

I was all thumbs.

--

Regards