POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:39:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jun 2017 15:48:08
Message: <593afb78$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 20:02:23 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Heh, yeah - but remember that your conservatives are more like our
>> center-
>> left liberals over here.
>>

> I think of it the other way round. ;)

Naturally. :)

>>> It is from this side of the pond.
>>
>> Well, true, but definitely different.
>>

> I can imagine. :)

The PNW is a lot more like the UK in a lot of ways than NM. :)  For one
thing, we get rain.

>> Fair point - just remember that our current President doesn't even
>> pretend to represent everyone.
>>

> He doesn't? ;)

Heh.

>> I don't think so - I don't think he actually believes in "God".  He
>> believes in money and profits.
>>
> Sorry, that was meant to be a metaphor.

Oh, I caught that, too.

>> But beyond that, yeah, I think he naively thought that as POTUS,
>> everyone would like him, and now he's angry that that hasn't happened.
>> The job is harder than he thought it would be (he's said as much), and
>> that unlike in his C-suite position, he can't just say "do this" and it
>> gets done.
>
> That is what I meant.

Yup.  Caught it. :)

>> He positions himself as a "dealmaker", but he's really shit at making
>> deals - he's a dictator who says "this is what you'll do, or I'll find
>> someone else".  That's not "dealmaking".
>>

> There is his age to take into account. His brain paths must be
> fossilised.

I don't think he's ever been a "negotiator", as he purports to be.  He
thinks he knows what negotiation is, but he's just wrong.

>> And it's rich him complaining about NATO countries not paying "their
>> fair share", when he himself takes pride in stiffing suppliers and
>> nonpayment of bills - "negotiating" a lower payment by saying "I'll pay
>> you far less, and you can sue me, but it'll cost you more than its
>> worth" - again, not "negotiating".
>>

> Nice guy to have as the leader of the free (not very) world.

Tell me about it.

>>> I have noticed. But at least, I have a light complexion.
>>
>> Which helps, so long as you're not a liberal or a member of the press
>> (at least according to some on the right who think it's OK to "joke"
>> about shooting them/us).
>>

> They're joking? :)

Well, we certainly hope so.  Don't get me started on people who use the
term "snowflake" (I hate that f-ing term) and then can't take criticism.

>>> I don't know what is wrong with my fingers. I meant to write "shame".
>>> It is a big pity that you can't edit your own posts on the newsgroup.
>>
>> LOL, that makes more sense. :)
>>

> I was all thumbs.

Well, that would explain it. :D

Jim