POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion Server Time
29 Jun 2024 14:59:07 EDT (-0400)
  Another random suggestion (Message 46 to 55 of 75)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Another random suggestion
Date: 16 Mar 2017 18:47:11
Message: <58cb15ef$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/16/2017 9:59 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:49:55 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> I'm glad that I've given you something to laugh about. ;)
>>>

>> BTW How long do you think the big fart will last in office?
>
> I'd be surprised if it were more than 6 months, but I'll give it 1-2
> years.

My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
reason.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 16 Mar 2017 21:20:19
Message: <58cb39d3@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-16 18:47, also sprach Stephen:

> My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
> reason.

I don't see him being indicted. The Republicans are such serious liars
to themselves, they think he's golden.  Everything they gave Obama shit
for, they think Trump is awesome for the same reason. (Executive orders,
are they evil or awesome?  Teleprompters, the sign of an idiot or an
orator's tool?  Weekly vacations, does the man work hard or ... oh wait,
nobody else has done that)

So medical. Except Drumpf's narcissism could never allow that. After
all, he does have the largest little brain ever to hold office.

But I definitely see him getting bored with the minutiae of governing.
But I see him staying on for the boost it gives his 3 (5 sir!) kids.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 17 Mar 2017 05:18:11
Message: <58cba9d3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.03.2017 um 02:20 schrieb dick balaska:
> Am 2017-03-16 18:47, also sprach Stephen:
>
>> My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
>> reason.
>>

> I don't see him being indicted. The Republicans are such serious liars
> to themselves, they think he's golden.  Everything they gave Obama shit
> for, they think Trump is awesome for the same reason. (Executive orders,
> are they evil or awesome?  Teleprompters, the sign of an idiot or an
> orator's tool?  Weekly vacations, does the man work hard or ... oh wait,
> nobody else has done that)
>
> So medical. Except Drumpf's narcissism could never allow that. After
> all, he does have the largest little brain ever to hold office.
>
> But I definitely see him getting bored with the minutiae of governing.
> But I see him staying on for the boost it gives his 3 (5 sir!) kids.

If the level of drama attached to his term of office so far is anything
to go by, I'd half expect him to settle for nothing less than a night at
Ford's Theatre.

Of course he'd take center stage.

(Would that count as medical?)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 05:48:52
Message: <58cbb104$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 1:20 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-03-16 18:47, also sprach Stephen:
>
>> My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
>> reason.
>>

> I don't see him being indicted. The Republicans are such serious liars
> to themselves, they think he's golden.  Everything they gave Obama shit
> for, they think Trump is awesome for the same reason. (Executive orders,
> are they evil or awesome?  Teleprompters, the sign of an idiot or an
> orator's tool?  Weekly vacations, does the man work hard or ... oh wait,
> nobody else has done that)

I don't know about that. You are only looking at one side of it. He has
been such a dodgy businessman that something in his past may come back
to bite him on the bum. I was only half joking when I said that he was
running for president to get immunity from prosecution.
Then there is his reputation as a sexual predator. So the possibility of
it coming from outside of the legislature is there.

> So medical. Except Drumpf's narcissism could never allow that. After
> all, he does have the largest little brain ever to hold office.

There are some things that you cannot hide like a stroke or a near fatal
heart attack.

> But I definitely see him getting bored with the minutiae of governing.
> But I see him staying on for the boost it gives his 3 (5 sir!) kids.

Yes, I can see that happening too. Especially if the justice system
keeps thwarting his plans.

And I see Jim has ninja'd me on the Abraham Lincoln solution.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 05:52:22
Message: <58cbb1d6$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 9:18 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 17.03.2017 um 02:20 schrieb dick balaska:
>> Am 2017-03-16 18:47, also sprach Stephen:
>>
>>> My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
>>> reason.
>>>

>> I don't see him being indicted. The Republicans are such serious liars
>> to themselves, they think he's golden.  Everything they gave Obama shit
>> for, they think Trump is awesome for the same reason. (Executive orders,
>> are they evil or awesome?  Teleprompters, the sign of an idiot or an
>> orator's tool?  Weekly vacations, does the man work hard or ... oh wait,
>> nobody else has done that)
>>
>> So medical. Except Drumpf's narcissism could never allow that. After
>> all, he does have the largest little brain ever to hold office.
>>
>> But I definitely see him getting bored with the minutiae of governing.
>> But I see him staying on for the boost it gives his 3 (5 sir!) kids.
>
> If the level of drama attached to his term of office so far is anything
> to go by, I'd half expect him to settle for nothing less than a night at
> Ford's Theatre.
>
> Of course he'd take center stage.

Or make the Presidential Box, a six sided one. ;)

> (Would that count as medical?)

I wouldn't bet my insurance on it. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 17 Mar 2017 10:40:31
Message: <58cbf55f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.03.2017 um 10:48 schrieb Stephen:

> And I see Jim has ninja'd me on the Abraham Lincoln solution.

That ninja must've ninja'd you pretty good, if you mistook him for Jim ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 11:10:42
Message: <58cbfc72$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 2:40 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 17.03.2017 um 10:48 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> And I see Jim has ninja'd me on the Abraham Lincoln solution.
>
> That ninja must've ninja'd you pretty good, if you mistook him for Jim ;)

Oh! I don't know. Jim Henderson moves silently and swiftly and dresses
in blue.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Mar 2017 11:16:49
Message: <58cbfde1$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:47:04 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> I'd be surprised if it were more than 6 months, but I'll give it 1-2
>> years.
>>
> My guess too. I wonder if he will be indicted or it will be a medical
> reason.

I'm leaning slightly more towards medical, though he is losing the right
here as well now, and they have a 'darling' in Pence who will do as he's
told - and who has strong conservative credentials (anti-gay, anti-
legalization, anti-church/state separation).  Many on the right love that
shit.  It's all about personal freedom so long as it's stuff they like.
Otherwise, let the state crack down on it hard.

Jim

From: dick balaska
Date: 17 Mar 2017 12:07:21
Message: <58cc09b9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-17 11:16, also sprach Jim Henderson:

> I'm leaning slightly more towards medical, though he is losing the right
> here as well now, and they have a 'darling' in Pence who will do as he's
> told -

I was gonna say, Pence scares me more than Donald. At least the Drumpf's
chaos may prevent total disaster.  Pence actually has government
experience and could streamline that.

> and who has strong conservative credentials (anti-gay, anti-
> legalization, anti-church/state separation).

I like popping brain cells in my conservative friends by pointing out
that pro-gay is a conservative PoV.  It's individual liberty and it
doesn't affect you at all.

> Many on the right love that
> shit.  It's all about personal freedom so long as it's stuff they like.

That cuts both ways.  There was a Yale professor who wrote that maybe it
might be ok to wear a Halloween costume that may be considered mildly
offensive, and the snowflakes were not interested in the conversation;
and ran her, and her husband, out of town.
(I blame the parents, who have completely sheltered these kids their
entire lives.)

> Otherwise, let the state crack down on it hard.

And then blame Obama/Clinton/Clinton for making it this way.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 12:48:30
Message: <58cc135e$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 4:07 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-03-17 11:16, also sprach Jim Henderson:
>

>> I'm leaning slightly more towards medical, though he is losing the right
>> here as well now, and they have a 'darling' in Pence who will do as he's
>> told -
>
> I was gonna say, Pence scares me more than Donald. At least the Drumpf's
> chaos may prevent total disaster.  Pence actually has government
> experience and could streamline that.

You are right on that so everyone light a candle for him. And I don't
care if it is a Roman Candle. ;)
I see that they are illegal in the US so:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_candle_(firework)

>> and who has strong conservative credentials (anti-gay, anti-
>> legalization, anti-church/state separation).
>
> I like popping brain cells in my conservative friends by pointing out
> that pro-gay is a conservative PoV.  It's individual liberty and it
> doesn't affect you at all.

Yeah, who cares what other people do if no one is harmed.

>> Many on the right love that
>> shit.  It's all about personal freedom so long as it's stuff they like.
>
> That cuts both ways.  There was a Yale professor who wrote that maybe it
> might be ok to wear a Halloween costume that may be considered mildly
> offensive, and the snowflakes were not interested in the conversation;
> and ran her, and her husband, out of town.
> (I blame the parents, who have completely sheltered these kids their
> entire lives.)

I blame the Americans who turned a cheap children's diversion into a
money making racket.
When I was a kid you got nuts and fruit for performing a party trick.

Not for demanding money with menace.

--

Regards
     Stephen