POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
1 Jul 2024 17:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 12:48:30
Message: <58cc135e$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 4:07 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-03-17 11:16, also sprach Jim Henderson:
>

>> I'm leaning slightly more towards medical, though he is losing the right
>> here as well now, and they have a 'darling' in Pence who will do as he's
>> told -
>
> I was gonna say, Pence scares me more than Donald. At least the Drumpf's
> chaos may prevent total disaster.  Pence actually has government
> experience and could streamline that.

You are right on that so everyone light a candle for him. And I don't
care if it is a Roman Candle. ;)
I see that they are illegal in the US so:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_candle_(firework)

>> and who has strong conservative credentials (anti-gay, anti-
>> legalization, anti-church/state separation).
>
> I like popping brain cells in my conservative friends by pointing out
> that pro-gay is a conservative PoV.  It's individual liberty and it
> doesn't affect you at all.

Yeah, who cares what other people do if no one is harmed.

>> Many on the right love that
>> shit.  It's all about personal freedom so long as it's stuff they like.
>
> That cuts both ways.  There was a Yale professor who wrote that maybe it
> might be ok to wear a Halloween costume that may be considered mildly
> offensive, and the snowflakes were not interested in the conversation;
> and ran her, and her husband, out of town.
> (I blame the parents, who have completely sheltered these kids their
> entire lives.)

I blame the Americans who turned a cheap children's diversion into a
money making racket.
When I was a kid you got nuts and fruit for performing a party trick.

Not for demanding money with menace.

--

Regards
     Stephen