POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Help, I'm a mouse addict! Server Time
15 Jun 2024 20:00:52 EDT (-0400)
  Help, I'm a mouse addict! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: clipka
Subject: Help, I'm a mouse addict!
Date: 7 Dec 2016 00:18:21
Message: <58479b9d$1@news.povray.org>
Darn, got some pain in the shoulder that tells me to give the arm some
thorough rest... observations:

(1) Tying a sling from a triangular bandage on yourself is rather
non-trivial. (Pro tip: There's no shame in resorting to safety pins.)

(2) Modern software development sucks when you can't use your normal
"mouse hand". Seems like I've become a genuine mouse /addict/ recently,
as I can't get around Visual Studio without. (Of course that can't
possibly be causal to the shoulder pains, right?)

Post a reply to this message

> Darn, got some pain in the shoulder that tells me to give the arm some
> thorough rest... observations:

Yeah, you better do that. A couple of decade ago I got that too at work
and had a hell of a job to get rid of it (physiotherapy, injections)
without any results. In the end, it went away by itself more or less. I
switched my mouse hand by the way. I am ambidextrous since then!

> (1) Tying a sling from a triangular bandage on yourself is rather
> non-trivial. (Pro tip: There's no shame in resorting to safety pins.)

It is indeed :-)

> (2) Modern software development sucks when you can't use your normal
> "mouse hand". Seems like I've become a genuine mouse /addict/ recently,
> as I can't get around Visual Studio without. (Of course that can't
> possibly be causal to the shoulder pains, right?)

As said above, try switching hands. Non-trivial either but it helps.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Darn, got some pain in the shoulder that tells me to give the arm some
> thorough rest... observations:
>
> (1) Tying a sling from a triangular bandage on yourself is rather
> non-trivial. (Pro tip: There's no shame in resorting to safety pins.)

How do you securely tuck the loose end in without a safety pin?
Pro tip: Tie the sling on a table then put it on.
Pro tip: Don't tie the knot behind your neck.

> (2) Modern software development sucks when you can't use your normal
> "mouse hand". Seems like I've become a genuine mouse /addict/ recently,
> as I can't get around Visual Studio without. (Of course that can't
> possibly be causal to the shoulder pains, right?)

Everything sucks when you can't use your normal "mouse hand".
I had some strained tendons in my shoulder which pained me for years.
One visit to a physiotherapist set me straight ;). It was bad posture
whot dun it.
The pain is quite exquisite, is it not?

It is not that I get commission :) But you should try a cheap graphics
tablet as a mouse.

--

Regards
     Stephen