POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:38:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong
Date: 20 Nov 2016 11:58:57
Message: <5831d651$1@news.povray.org>
On 2016-11-19 09:25 AM (-4), Dave Blandston wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> Yesterday, while trying to distract myself from the realization that
>> almost half my fellow citizens hate my guts
>
> You have piqued my curiosity! What country do you live in? Why do people who
> don't know you hate you? What are you basing this statement on? I'm very
> curious! When a population turns against the educated, intelligent members of
> it's own society there's a big problem! Whoever you are, whatever country you're
> in, I consider you my friend (for what that's worth).

I agree: it is a big problem.

I belong to more than one of the demographic groups that the
president-elect of the USA has maligned, mistreated, and/or
discriminated against during and before the election, and has promised
to discriminate against in the future. I have friends who belong to even
more of those groups.  It is said that his candidacy has given
previously closeted bigots permission to say hateful things that had
become socially unacceptable.  And now, the sharp upswing in hate
incidences less than a day after his election has shown that they feel
they have permission to act on that hate.  The behavior of the people in
his campaign rallies (behavior that he encouraged--let's not deny it)
and the aftermath of the election have shown me that a large proportion
of the people who elected him would assault or even kill me if they
thought they could get away with it.

OK, so I exaggerated a little in the OP.  His chief opponent observed
that only /half/ his supporters were deplorable, and the remainder
supported him because they felt shortchanged by the current economic
situation.  To those remainders, I have a message: I now know what the
underside of a bus feels like.

Post a reply to this message