POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong : Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Nov 2016 10:40:00
Message: <web.583ef173890e905782fed3640@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I don't check the off-topic section very often so I just noticed your post.
>
> All I can say is that I found none of the candidates acceptable. Let's buckle up
> for a bumpy ride my friend...

It's been a bumpy year already.  The consensus on my Facebook feed, for example,
is that 2016 sucked.

In 2016, it's become more clear than ever that the USA is not run by people,
it's run by corporations.  The most qualified of the presidential candidates
loses to a maniac, and passes off the blame to everyone except her own arrogant,
dismissive attitude towards those whose vote she should have been courting.
Then, to rub right in our face how out-of-touch they insist on being, her party
gathers a bunch of millionaires in a posh Palm Beach hotel to figure out how
they can buy the next election.

We now see that whoever has the most money gets to use the local police force to
prove that NOTHING has changed in America's relations to her indigenous people.

In 2016, we lost David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, Gene Wilder, Sir Neville Marriner,
Gwen Ifill (whom I'm unfamiliar with, but she was described as one of the few
remaining true journalists among a crowd of--to turn Michael Wolff's words back
on him--stenographers for the powerful), and Florence Henderson, among others.

Then there was the 12 year old girl I saw last June, though I didn't get to meet
her.  I find out that *she* is dead a month and a half later.

And now, Doctor John.  :-(

Yet, all of the former candidates are still with us.  The bright side is that
Bernie Sanders is one of them.  I've long given up hope for the Republican
Party, but there is a chance for the thorough top-to-bottom house cleaning of
the Democratic Party that the party so desperately needs and deserves.

....If the republic survives in its current form.