POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong : Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stellar colors: someone is wrong
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Dec 2016 15:26:58
Message: <58432a92$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2016 11:26 AM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> it's the result of
> a carefully planned and orchestrated conspiracy spanning many decades which has
> been perpetrated by the most evil one of all.

Hmm. Some of it is decades. The rich lost power, multiple times, in the
US, when the economy crashed badly enough, or their excesses grew too
great, for the populace, and even the government, to ignore. So, yes,
the last fall, and subsequent rise, of these has been mere decades.

The problem, I would argue, is that there is a much longer running one,
going clear back to the founding - between those that wished for
changeability and true equality, and those who sought absolute authority
over some ideals. They lost, badly, early on, not just when separation
of church and state became a corner stone, but soon after, when vast
amounts of their wealth and land was taken, due to them deciding to try
to run large parcels of it what amounted to independent states, in which
the church made the law, and raised the taxes. It hammered the principle
of separation in hard. But, it took less than a decade before actions
where being taken by the super-religious to undermine this, a tiny
nibble at a time.

Now, yes, we have massive misinformation, and fear mongering, and the
two sides, the oligarchs, and the, as one person on the net seems to
have coined it (since I can't think of the proper term that sounds right
as well) religiarchs have decided to side together. This isn't going to
be a nice fit, at all, and they will fight each other. Its inevitable,
since you cannot profit, without someone religious deciding they don't
like what you are profiting from in some manner. but.. sadly, for now,
too many involved are "both".

So, not sure what "most evil one" you are talking about, but.. no.. That
much I don't agree with. This has all been brewing, among the self
defined elite, both that that think this because they are richer, and
thus, in their minds, more deserving, than everyone else, or those that
demand we recognize their "moral superiority". Never mind that they seem
to trade humanity, compassion, sympathy, and especially anything like
real justice for this "superior morality". Just as the rich trade,
"fairness", for, "con artistry".

Nah, we have a fun fight now. If one where to, generally divide these
people up into three groups, by their different levels of belief in
religion, vs. pure capitalism, and gave them a man dying of thirst, the
first would demand he convert, lest he be not allowed to drink from the
well in the church the built over the only source of water. The second
would still build the church, but they would demand by what right the
man thought he should be allowed to enter, when he obviously had done
nothing to afford the tithe to get it. And the last - would ask him why
he did not simply threaten his servants to give him the money, to buy a
bottle from the bottling plant they built instead, or baring that,
failed to step up, and find a means to cheat someone else, possibly a
friend, out of the money needed to pay. (These are actually things that
one of the Trump's admitted to doing, when their allowances became a
"hardship").

None of these people are "new". They have been around as long as the
country, and as long as industry and commerce, they just, until now, in
this country, been denied the power they always demand as being somehow
"entitled to them". Is it a wonder that, when speaking of those they
would deny, they claim that everyone is trying to "take away" the same
things - entitlements, privileges, unfair advantages? Nope, those things
are only for the "worthy", and prosperity for the unworthy is always
unfair treatment of those more deserving, in their twisted fantasy world.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get