POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here be dragons! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Here be dragons! (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Here be dragons!
Date: 1 Nov 2015 08:39:18
Message: <56361606$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/1/2015 12:32 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150907011523/https://wmich.edu/medieval/resources/IOE/index.html

> Not a pdf I am afraid but well usable. I found it recently when I got
> interested in Old English after reading the Beowulf translation by
> J.R.R. Tolkien. Interestingly, I found that there are a lot of O.E.
> words and sentence constructions that are similar to Dutch or Frisian
> (and German no doubt). Not so surprising as the language was spoken on
> both sides of the North Sea.

Thanks Thomas,
Chapters 1 and 4 give a 404, Not found.
To be honest Early English is a bit of a black hole to me. The earliest
I can read is Chaucer's Middle English.
I could read or at least get the meaning of Modern Dutch on posters and
adverts. Quite hand when travelling by train, I might add.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message