POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here be dragons! : Re: Here be dragons! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:48:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be dragons!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Nov 2015 02:59:26
Message: <563717de$1@news.povray.org>

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=beschieting+dor+de+engelsen%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=QZE2VqH9Mcu7UaH3s_AP#q=%22beschieting+dor+de+engelsen+translate

> "Dry firing the English" - yes, that makes more sense... ;)
>
> (Did you know that dry firing is bad for any gun? It can cause the
> firing pin to become brittle and possibly fracture. Never, ever, dry
> fire anyone else's gun without first asking their permission. And never,
> ever, dry fire an Englishman. First make him drink a pint or two, _then_
> give him the sack.)

Well, Stephen made a typing mistake: 'dor' instead of 'door' ;-) The
real meaning thus is: 'bombardment by the English'. The church visibly
was in the wrong location at the wrong time (which happens even to holy
objects, or more so).

--
Thomas